Friday, July 28, 2017

Crochet Collar

  I've rarely use Pinterest anymore, but earlier this year, I checked it and found that my sister-in-love had pinned a crocheted collar that I just loved.

  I'm not big on crocheting- I feel like I never got the hang of keeping my tension even and I can't do it fast enough to finish much before I lose focus and move on to other things- but the pattern was free, and I already had some pretty yarn (bought for this hat, even though I just don't wear hats), so I figured I'd give it a shot!

  It's been a while, but if I'm remembering right I used a 4mm hook, light worsted weight yarn (a soft acrylic one from Hobby Lobby whose brand I can't remember and whose label I lost), and started with a chain of 67.

  I was surprised at how quickly this worked up! It only took a couple of evenings, which means I actually finished it! And it's adorable, clearly!

  For the closure, I used a small button that I bought at JoAnn's a few years back. It hasn't been worn much, because it doesn't seem right for summer, and Foof won't keep it on for any length of time, but IF I can find it (her sisters decided it was a toy and it's a bit lost a the moment) I want to sew this collar onto a dress for this winter.

  I love the way this turned out! I didn't have any issues with the pattern... it all made sense as written. The only change I might make would be crocheting back over the button loop to strengthen it, or knotting it more firmly to the collar.


  At some point here I'll be back with some summer dresses I made for the girls... but first I have to edit the photos and I've been procrastinating on that step pretty frequently, so it may be a while. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by,


2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I don't crochet much either. I have a hard time counting stitches and knowing where I'm supposed to start a row or a round. And tension. And also, I get hand cramps when I crochet. Possibly because I don't do it often...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually get hand cramps too, but didn't this time, and I'm wondering if it's related to the set of hooks someone recently gave me... they have a rubber grip that's easier to hold. I have trouble figuring out where to start the rows and rounds too.

      Delete