Monday, April 17, 2017

Plumber Presents

  My husband is a plumber. For his birthday in February, I made two shirts for him.

  The first is black:

  As usual, I used Jalie 2918 with a slightly narrower neckband, and the fabric is the same 12oz cotton spandex blend from Nick of Time Textiles that I was using last year.

  My husband thought this was really funny! I used tan heat transfer vinyl for this one.

  As usual, I twin-needled the hem:

  The second one is blue, with white heat transfer vinyl:

  Same pattern, same fabric but in a different color, once again with a twin-needled hem:

  He had requested this saying on a shirt sometime last year, so he was very happy with this shirt too!

  I've made these shirts so many times now that I don't really have much I can say about them! Joshua says that the shirts I make for him are by far the most comfortable that he owns, so there will probably be even more in the future.

Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. Obviously it's impossible to tell through a monitor, but that fabric looks like some legit t-shirt fabric that softens to that second-skin kind of feeling. It took me years to wear down my favorite tee that way, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black material is! It's perfectly soft and comfortable! The blue is a little stiffer, so it still takes some time to wear in.

      Delete
  2. I laughed when I saw that first T-shirt! The two of them look really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He really enjoys pointing out the gross parts of plumbing to people- this was perfect for him. ;-)

      Delete